Financial Accounting Manager
Michael Page are working with a large international business to source a Financial Accounting Manager.
Our client are a leading engineering consultancy business based in Leeds who are looking for a Financial Accounting Manager.
Focusing on well known projects across the world they are renowned for their creative and comprehensive engineering solutions. With a focus on using local knowledge and world class talent, they plan, design and manage long lasting and impactful solutions.
Responsibilities will include;
- Carry out a variety of financial duties associated with the month end preparation and submission of the UK balance sheet and a number of International operations (companies, joint ventures and branches). This includes preparation of some of the balance sheet reconciliations and financial reports such as balance sheet risk reviews.
- Identification of areas for improvement in efficiency and for accounting procedures; take responsibility for implementation
- Assist with technical accounting queries raised by the businesses in an accurate and commercial fashion
- Analytical review of monthly balance sheet results versus prior period and/or budget. Output to be a succinct but suitably detailed commentary on significant changes
- Assisting with the development of the balance sheet for budget and forecast purposes
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements for UK companies to be in compliance with relevant accounting framework and Companies Act
- Liaison with the auditors which includes preparation of deliverables by due deadline to a high quality standard and responding to their queries promptly and accurately
- Line management of junior member of staff, which includes coaching and developing
For this role you must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with experience in a large Audit firm (at least top 10).
You must have thorough knowledge of IFRS and immaculate attention to detail.
There is a competitive salary on offer + benefits including free parking.