Financial Accounting Manager
Lead the Financial Accounting Team to deliver the effective operation of all financial systems and ensuring the continuity of the company's system of financial controls, in order to provide reliable, accurate and timely management accounting information to support competent business management and ensuring that external financial regulatory and reporting requirements are met on time and in full.
Our client is a leading Fashion retailer, with sites across Europe.
Financial systems and controls
Ensure that robust financial systems, procedures and processes are maintained and that the finance team apply strong, fit for purpose financial controls, work with business managers, group colleagues and internal and external auditors to validate and/or improve the financial control systems.
Period close and business performance reporting
Manage the period close and business reporting processes to ensure that the team meet the required UK and group deadlines and ensure the delivery of reliable and consistent management and financial reporting, supervising the completion of all balance sheet reconciliations.
Manage the delivery of the half year and full year group and statutory reporting requirements ensuring that accounting policies and procedures are effectively implemented and further developed where required to comply with relevant UK accounting standards and Group financial policies. Manage the engagement with group finance colleagues and external auditors.
Control the budget cycle, producing the profit and loss from departmental inputs and preparing the tax, balance sheet and cash flow budgets to support the business plans. Advise and challenge overhead departmental cost centre managers on their budget submissions.
Cash, working capital and treasury management
Manage the day to day processes around cash, treasury management and payments ensuring the production management reporting and maintaining a rolling cash flow forecast. Currency needs management is a critical part of this accountability.
Manage the day to day relationship with banking partners, working, where required with the Group Treasurer and business colleagues, to identify improvements to working practices and cost structures. Ensure that payment practices and relationships with credit reference agencies are appropriate to protect the company's financial reputation.
Deliver VAT and Corporation tax compliance, working with external tax advisors to ensure that tax liabilities are efficient and that financial and tax computation reporting and payment deadlines are met.
Finance accounting team engagement and influence
Lead the financial accounting team in their proactive engagement with the business including
- developing and producing relevant financial summaries and analyses in order to provide a sound basis for decision making
- developing, implementing and monitoring KPIs to identify issues and drive performance
- engaging in change projects and providing ad hoc financial reports, commentaries and recommendations to the departments, SMT and the Board
- evaluating capital and revenue project proposals and undertaking independent post audit evaluation of key projects to develop and share an understanding of actual performance against project forecasts to help develop more effective future plans and activities.
Lead, motivate and develop the financial accounting team
Skills and Experience
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent, recently qualified with relevant experience, ambitious to gain experience of managing a team in a commercial organisation.
- Motivated by results, works flexibly to meet demanding deadlines, with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with, challenge, guide and advise non-financial professionals/colleagues at all levels within the company
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships with non-financial managers and colleagues in the UK and Internationally, as well as with external advisors and providers
- Ability to initiate and implement change
- Ability to use excellent analytical skills to make recommendations alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.