Tax Auditor - Financial Services
Experience of working in practice in a similar function or in a relevant in-house team.
A good understanding of the financial services sector is desirable but not essential;
• ICAEW or CTA qualifications;
• Experience in preparing or reviewing reporting schedules and tax accounting disclosures under UK GAAP and IFRS;
• Experience in statutory audit work;
• Ability to integrate and work effectively within high performing teams;
• Delegation and leadership skills, and an ability to be clear and concise with regards to instructing more junior teams around them;
• High quality business writing and effective communication skills;
• The ability to work closely with audit teams and clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work;
• Ability to effectively present to clients and internal teams;
• Individual needs to be organised and self-motivated.
• Acting as tax specialist on audits
• Reviewing client tax accounting workings and managing the input of other specialists to address risks and reach conclusions around uncertain tax positions
• Proactively managing deadlines and billing requirements, liaison with the main audit teams and delegating effectively to junior staff
• Appropriately documenting audit conclusions in line with the firm standards