As an Accounts Assistant your primary role will oversee the general ledgers, expenses, payment of suppliers, cash and reconciliations, and any other ad hoc work requested.
My client is a very well established Engineering firm located just outside Bournemouth centre. They are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their existing team.
As an Accounts Assistant, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Working with departments to ensure adherence to authorisation procedure of supplier invoices.
- Posting of approved invoices onto in-house Stock System and matching with Purchase Orders.
- Posting of invoices to Accounting system.
- Assisting managers and staff within department to ensure that staff floats and expense claims are processed.
- Carrying out filing duties within the Finance Department.
- Assisting staff within the Finance department on various ad hoc tasks.
- Processing and reconciling of credit card receipts against card statements.
- Reconciliation and payment of miscellaneous foreign Purchase Ledger supplier invoices.
To be successful in your application for Accounts Assistant, you should have:
- Systems proficiency in Excel and a solid working understanding of Sage 200 accounts software.
- A strong character able to manage suppliers in what can be demanding circumstances.
- Ability to work with a variety of departments and people at all levels.
- A focused and determined individual who can oversee the processing of very large volumes of transactions, managing a team of people and an outsourced function overseas.
- Must have the desire to be hands-on as required.
- Ability to work in a complex operating environment and engender confidence through your involvement with department heads, senior management and financial staff.
- Confident individual with strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines.
If you are successful, you should expect:
- Competitive Salary.
- Benefits including: Pension, Private Health-care, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme.
- Opportunity for Study Support