Executive - Operational Transaction Services, London
As Executive - Operational Transaction Services you'll be part of the only dedicated Financial Services team in this sector. We're focused on our clients' key strategic activities, advising and influencing at senior leadership level. We find ways to make transactions happen smoothly and efficiently, without compromising standards or taking uncalculated risks for sellers or buyers.
As an Executive within the team you'd support clients on a daily basis in highly confidential transactions in both a pre-deal and post-deal context. Attention to detail is key too; you'd draft reports, deliverables and provide detailed insight on operational and IT issues and their impact on transactional rationale. You'd also be responsible for performing client and industry research and prepare materials to support client pitches and proposals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues
- Some knowledge/level of IT experience in enterprise / systems architectures, operating models, awareness of mainstream technologies including commonly-used applications, infrastructure, toolsets, utilities and vendors
- Some knowledge/level of project experience including understanding the phases of the change process, the systems development lifecycle and delivery projects including separations / carve-outs, data migrations and integrations
To qualify for the role you must have
- A passion for Deal Advisory and Transactions
- Change management: understands key principles of project and programme management and has some experience of leading change
Ideally, you'll also have
- Commercial acumen: able to quickly understand the key value drivers in a business and how these impact the scope and approach of an assignment
- Strong academic record
- Financial Services expertise in one or more of banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and asset management, with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change
As a team we are looking for passionate consultants who thrive on working in high-performing teams and focus on delivering exceptional service for our clients, with a focus on Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and Private Equity.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.