My client, a leading global financial information provider, is searching for a driven and focused individual to lead their team as a Data Scientist in London.
Experienced in Machine Learning, the ideal candidate will be well-versed in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and will work with unstructured data in order to contribute and integrate algorithms in Python into the internal NLP client libraries, whilst demonstrating a strong understanding of extraction and engineering methods.
Although not mandatory, it is preferable for the candidate to have a thorough understanding of Deep Learning techniques, and well as Web Mining. It would be helpful to have experience of Data Visualisation and knowledge of open source technologies as well, but it is not essential.
- Minimum two years of proven industrial experience in Machine Learning and NLP
- Preferable to have a master's degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quant field
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Strong software engineering abilities
- Experience with development in a Version Control environment
- Knowledge of data manipulation tools, e.g. Pandas, NumPy, SciPy
- Practical experience with open source NLP and ML libraries, e.g. Scikit-Learn, NLTK
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration to proactively solve problems practically