Director of Finance and Corporate Services
Location: Birmingham, UK
Salary: £76,473 per annum
Closing date: Ongoing
Islamic Relief Worldwide are currently recruiting for the position of a Director of Finance and Corporate Services to lead and coordinate the development, planning, control, and reporting of financial and human resources and assets. To enable IRW to become effective and efficient, manage risks, and be properly accountable. The job holder will lead and coordinate the development of IRW’s core information technology capacities and systems towards the achievement of our strategic priorities. The post holder in collaboration with International Programmes and country offices will lead the development of global policies and processes for the effective and efficient management and control of finances, human resources, and IT systems in country offices, and providing appropriate professional guidance and support to finance, HR and IT managers in country offices.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Professional Qualification with minimum fellow status with a recognised professional Institute i.e. ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, or CIPFA)
- Commitment to IRW’s vision and mission, and an understanding and empathy with Islamic Relief’s values and principles.
- Effective medium to long term financial strategy and planning and of relevant international accounting standards.
- Strong customer service orientation, with a track record of successful initiatives to strengthen the responsiveness of support services to the changing needs of internal customers.
- Audit training and audit management experience with an International accountancy firm.
- Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills, with experience of guiding and influencing Directors in other divisions to make better use of human and financial resources, and to negotiate best allocation of financial resources to achieve priority goals.
Interviews are on an ongoing basis, the vacancy will close as soon as the successful candidate has been chosen.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer