Finance Business Partner
- Full control over Income statement and balance sheet for the Engineering and Product Support divisions in the UK including
- Preparation and review of the month/quarter/year end financial packages.
- Reporting quarterly results and highlighting key issues to UK and Corporate senior management
- Controlling spend, tracking changes and cost over-runs on multi year engineering projects
- Understanding technical risks and challenging to ensure forward forecasts are robust
- Reporting of hours consumed on projects, partnering with the commercial managers to track and identify risks and opportunities to ensure effective utilisation, and that any issues are escalated appropriately, and changes in scope are charged to customers where possible.
- Working with Engineering/Programs to report on whether the development gear is hitting the recurring cost targets
- Monitor the development and changes to ensure stock obsolescence is controlled and correctly reported
- Producing accurate and insightful commentary to the UK Financial Controller on monthly performance
- Process improvement - Improving and streamlining reporting for both Engineering and Product Support departments
- Share with and learn from best practice with Engineering/Product support Finance team in the Global entity
- Lead contact for internal and external audit queries relating to the Engineering and Product support functions
- Key financial support on new UK business opportunities for the two divisions
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Excellent academic qualifications
- Experience of business partnering and working with other departments to deliver positive change
- Previous experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment would be preferable, but is not essential
- Previous experience with accounting for long term contracts would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Thorough approach and good attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage workload
- Outgoing personality with high levels of drive and enthusiasm with a dynamic and proactive approach
This aerospace manufacturing business want people to join and make the position their own. There is plenty of scope for internal movement and to move up the ladder quickly. They need someone who is ambitious, driven and wanting a challenge.
If you would like to hear more about this Finance Business Partner position in Cheshire then please contact me on 0161 457 1213 or firstname.lastname@example.org