Role and key responsibilities:
This role would suit a highly analytical individual that would enjoy working in a small, closely knit team and willing to assist senior team members on all aspects of the investment cycle.
The standards are high and the working environment is professional but also relaxed. The position offers outstanding exposure to somebody interested in a career in all sectors of energy investment and with an interest in both portfolio value optimisation and transactions.
- This is an investment analyst level position within a renewables and energy infrastructure focused investment team
- You will be expected to support active portfolio management and transaction assistance to senior members of the investment team.
- Transaction support work will include actively supporting the senior investment team with the review and development of prospective investment opportunities, including financial modelling, project analysis and coordinating due diligence (technical, legal and financial). You will also be expected to assist with the preparation of investment committee papers and fund-raising documentation.
- Portfolio management will include monitoring and reporting on performance and analysis of trends and variances. You will work closely with the portfolio team responsible for ensuring that all investee company financial and operating reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- You will be expected to review and challenge the information with a critical eye, ensuring that the investment performance is optimised and, where necessary, work directly with management teams in prescribing corrective measures to underperforming investments.
Profile / skills
- Prior experience in asset management/private equity, corporate finance or industry.
- Experience in energy/renewables, including PPAs, is desirable but not essential.
- Able to demonstrate robust financial analysis and financial modelling skills
- Ability to work under pressure and towards deadlines
- Collegiate and pro-active personality with a mature outlook
- An affinity to working in a small team where you will be expected to support all aspects of the senior investment team's work.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Capable of engaging with senior investment professionals and the management of investee companies at various levels of seniority