Management Accountant - Investment Management
Role and responsibilities
Preparation and oversight of the preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts for +25 entities. This will involve managing 2.5 trainee accountants.
Consolidation of fund performance and reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
Review of management accountant submissions and performance reporting
Preparation of Key Performance Indicator reporting across the portfolio for the large quantum of solar PV plants
Performing financial analysis of investments under management for both internal and external audiences.
Presentation of financial analysis to shareholders face to face, by telephone and via letter/email.
Attendance at investee company board meetings to present updates on performance.
Acting as investor point of contact for financial related matters.
Liaison with external advisors, particularly tax and legal.
Driving automation through the month end management account process so that efficiencies can be achieved including roll out of consolidation process.
Oversight/ review of the purchase/sales ledger system including recommending payments in reference to contracts.
Involvement and oversight in the income collection process for the solar assets.
This will involve working with the Head of Technical to design and implement a system to test the validity of metering information, to raise invoices for the sale of electricity and for claiming subsidies that can then be converted into cash.
Working with the head of technical to identify and rectify performance issues within the portfolio.
Providing training to trainee accountants within the asset management team.
Ensuring an environment of strong financial control.
Performing and updating valuation analysis on assets under management.
A reasonably large amount of ad hoc activity to provide support to the investment managers relating to existing and potential investments.
Skills and attributes:
- Well-presented individual with outgoing personality
- ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
- Excellent A-levels
- Strong knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
- Accounting package experience
- High level of numeracy
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to take responsibility and work with limited supervision
- A reliable, honest and discreet individual
- Strong communication and personal skills
- Although no previous experience of the low carbon sector is required it will be advantageous if the candidate is able to demonstrate an interest in sustainability