Equities Valuation Control VP
Equities Valuation Control VP/London/£90-95k
Leading Investment Bank is currently searching for a valuation controller to join their Equities desk based in London. This role has been created due to an internal transfer as the current incumbent is moving to the US office and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate seeking a technical valuation control within the Equity Derivatives space.
- Responsibility for all aspects of valuation control of the business, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis for the Exotic Equity Derivatives Desk
- Producing and implementing guidelines and procedures for fair valuation adjustments and price testing across the business, with particular attention to the design of control
- Ensuring timely remediation of regulatory matters requiring attention, audit findings and associated reporting demands associated with the area of responsibility
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
- Acting as first point of escalation to the front office with regards to any discrepancies and price variance breaches
- Identifying pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved
- Extensive Valuation experience within Exotic Equity or Fixed Income Derivatives desk - candidates with technical product control experience within an Exotic Equity desk will be considered
- Strong Mathematical Academic Background to CFA or MSc level - Minimum 2:1 at degree level
- Good Understanding of Valuation Control Regulatory Requirements i.e. Fair Value Levelling
- Proven evidence of improving processes and project involvement in your current role
- Solid understanding or appreciation of derivative valuation methodologies in at least one Asset class
This role involves daily interaction with front office traders and key business heads and it is therefore essential that the candidate is able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. The position offers realistic career progression opportunities into the Head of Equity Derivatives Valuation Control or Market Risk in the future.