Finance - Structured Trade Control and Valuation - Associate
It is crucial for the bank to understand how profitable each businesses activity is and Finance has a responsibility to understand precisely the resource commitment the bank makes to any given client or transaction e.g. cost, capital, funding, liquidity and risk. Finance is playing a central role in keeping the bank focused on simplification and financial resource management.
With our diverse teams in 47 countries, we offer a broad portfolio of capabilities. Our key functions range from Group Finance, Treasury, Planning and Performance Management, and Investor Relations to enabling functions such as Finance Change and Administration. These teams make sure we cover all Finance specific aspects for our internal and external stakeholders such as shareholder, employees, clients and regulators. Together, it is the role of Finance to oversee all financial details for Deutsche Bank globally.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we do. That's why Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and accurate is critical.
Join us and you'll be able to make a real difference in a dynamic global team with multiple career opportunities.
Deutsche Bank's Global Markets (GM) Business is responsible for the origination, sale, structuring and trading of fixed income, equity, foreign exchange, derivatives and money market products. GM has established itself as a global leader in these products by combining its unique distribution franchise with its pricing, structuring and execution expertise.
We are looking for an individual to join our high performing team in GM Finance responsible for ensuring accurate trade capture of complex trades and appropriate model usage. The team also provides timely, accurate, independent valuation and risk information to trading desks.
- Daily reporting of valuation and risk to the business, including timely issue identification and resolution. This would involve trade modeling, liaising with Front Office to confirm prices and understanding the trades
- Ownership of Market Data processes for official risk and valuation
- Producing and analyzing full P&L attribution, and resolving any unexplained P&L
- Continuous improvement to improve speed and accuracy of risk sensitivities, to reduce the level of manual intervention required in the work flow and to streamline the workflow
- Set up and testing of valuation and risk for new products and verification of new deal P&L
- Review, analyse and verify the booking of complex trade structures within DB systems, including close liaison with Operations to ensure timely and correct trade verification and maintenance
- Work with stakeholders to standardize booking practices and reducing operational risk surrounding exotic bookings
- Daily oversight of Risk & P/L Model Risk Control responsibilities including monitoring of ageing exceptions for all asset classes in APAC
- Familiarity with bank policies around model risk control, exotic trade review, valuation services and risk and P/L control
- Understand and analyze the root cause of exceptions, take ownership of exceptions and actively drive remediation
- Respond to internal client queries on valuation and risk, through a strong understanding of pricing concepts, model limitations and analytical pricing libraries
- Work closely with stakeholders and partners in Front Office, Market Risk Management, Global Valuation Group and Operations to fulfill our responsibilities.
Key skills and experience:
- Degree - 2.1 or above in engineering, physics or mathematics
- Masters of Science in a quantitative field is preferred
- IT skills - VBA, C++, Python etc. is an advantage
- Strong derivatives knowledge and experience, including pricing and risk
- Understanding of trade capture processes and downstream reporting requirements, including P&L, accounting, market risk reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Candidates have to be analytical and thorough, whilst being able to communicate complex information to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal skills as constant interaction with stakeholders and partners is expected
- A strong team player
- Possess intellectual curiosity in valuation problems (all aspects of quantitative finance and methodologies)
- Have the skills to drive continuous improvement of processes and workflow
- Prior experience in a similar role is preferable
- For internal candidates, a detailed understanding of DB Analytics and GRIMIS toolkit packages would be an advantage, as would be a good working knowledge of Summit and FO3DG.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.