GF - MME Risk Head, Citi Commercial Bank Singapore
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18060149
You will be part of the CCB Singapore Independent Risk team with responsibility for the portfolio management activities and related risk management tasks in the Middle Market segment. The team is part of the Global Functions organization and partners the Citi Commercial Bank which specializes in providing working capital finance, trade finance, treasury solutions and cash management services to the Small and Medium Enterprise and Middle Market corporate clients in Singapore.
Key Functions include:
- Approve credit proposals in accordance with the risk standards and underwriting criteria for MME clients up to the delegated credit authority.
- Experience in complex transactions involving acquisitions and structured trade products.
- Provide guidance for credit policies & procedures, structuring of credit facilities and transaction requests.
- Conduct periodic client visits and monitoring industry developments for early problem recognition
- Conduct ad-hoc reviews, portfolio reviews and stress testing.
- Engage in remedial management actions including loan restructuring and tracking of scheduled payments of past due transactions
- Engage in regulatory reviews and ad-hoc meetings with internal and external auditors
- Participate in the monthly In-Business Credit Approval Review Process, which is the review process of credit transactions approved solely by Business.
- Ensure annual reviews are carried out for all names in the portfolio
- Proactively monitor accounts in portfolio to ensure weak accounts are early identified and no late classification.
- Ensure effective using of Early Warning Tools to identify and tackle potential problem accounts at early stage to avoid or minimize potential loss.
- Assist the Business Partner to ensure good credit clients are originated and approved with balance of risk and return.
- Maintain open dialogue with the Sales teams, RMs and partners in other functions to develop risk strategies for sustainable business growth and healthy portfolio.
- Provide coaching, training and challenging assignments to Business Credit Officers and actively assess risk behaviors of Business Credit Officers with open feedback to their direct managers
- You should preferably be a degree holder with minimum 10 years of credit experience in wholesale lending
- You should also possess strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to take intelligent risk and exercising independent and sound judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently, strong team player, not afraid to take personal accountability, strong ethics and a positive work attitude
- Stays current with the dynamic demands of the environment and clients