Our client is one of the world's largest real estate funds with AUM in the tens of billions in USD.
- Manage accounting, tax and investor reporting operations for a series of real estate private equity funds based in Singapore and investing across Asia.
- Lead and supervise team of one to two accounting associates in providing accounting, tax and investor reporting administration services for funds.
- Review monthly property activity reports relative to property budgets and operating data, and review reconciliations of investment general ledger to property financial statements.
- Review monthly investment journal entries and related ledgers completed by associates.
- Review and reconcile investment performance returns to underlying investment accounting.
- Work with Asset Managers to prepare the quarterly investment level debt compliance requirements.
- Work with Portfolio Manager on the oversight of fund cash and currency management and budgeting.
- Work with Portfolio Manager and Asset Managers to maintain fund level cash flow models.
- Coordinate investment and fund related tax and regulatory filings and certain investment level cash disbursements including legal, tax, audit, appraisal, asset management invoices, etc.
- Maintain relationship with the fund's external auditors and manage the year-end audit process.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of portfolio financial information to clients, Portfolio Managers, Asset Managers, Consultants, and Investor Relations Group.
- Work closely with Portfolio Manager, Head of Asia Research and Investor Relations Group in the preparation and distribution of quarterly and annual reports.
- Lead financial and tax due diligence associated with new investments, as well as with the financial analysis around other transactions such as dispositions, refinancings, etc.
- Work with the fund's Corporate Finance Team on documentation on investment level debt
- Work with the fund's Asset Management Team and Portfolio Manager to coordinate the completion and rollup of annual property level business plans to overall fund level business plans.
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of accounting policies and procedures for the series of funds.
- Responsible for managing and training a staff consisting of one to two accounting associates.
- Responsible for completing annual performance goals for accounting staff and performing year-end performance evaluations.
- Manages and coordinates several group-wide projects throughout the year pertaining to the Fund
- Solicits Portfolio Manager guidance or input on key matters where appropriate.
- Maintains strong relationships with external service providers including audit, tax and legal vendors.
- Suggests innovative approaches to situations and problems.
- 10-15 years of international real estate or private equity accounting experience.
- 5-7+ years of experience in managing and leading teams of accountants.
- Experience with open-end Fund is a plus
- ACCA/ISCPA certification.
- Excellent financial analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Self starter with ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to speak and write Mandarin, a plus
Good remuneration package and fringe benefits in an international firm with good corporate culture and environment. Newly created role for growing business and great opportunity to set up a new fund.