Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Manager
1 day left
- Full time
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Within EY's Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services encompassing accounting and regulatory support on accounting change and special matters, accounting processes and controls support (remediation, long-term contract accounting and cost accounting), GAAP conversion and implementation, IPO and other public offering assistance, on call financial reporting advice, and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance (purchase price allocation).
- Be responsible for participating and/ or managing FAAS engagements.
- Collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
- Ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
- Ensure the work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
- Monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
- Cooperate with other departments or consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues, and provide comprehensive accounting advisory services to client.
- Involve in business development for FAAS work.
To qualify, you must be able to meet with the following requirements:
- A Bachelor's or a Master's degree and more than 5 years of related work experience.
- Experienced in IPO projects.
- ACCA/HKICPA/AICPA certification or equivalent.
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability.
- Familiar with HKFRS, IFRS, PRC GAAP, US GAAP or other reporting standards.
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees.
- Good command of written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills.
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary.
Who we are:
At EY, we support you in achieving your unique potential wherever you are in the world - both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal life. At EY, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.