Accountant (based in Sydney)
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the world's leading real estate investment managers. With presence in 16 countries worldwide, we manage approximately US$60 billion of private and public property equity investments. Our diverse client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and private individuals from across the globe.
Unlike many investment management firms, we invest only in real estate and therefore have a unique focus and depth of expertise in the sector. Our primary objective is to deliver competitive performance while striving to achieve the highest levels of client service.
- To support the firm in providing the accounting, financial and management information in Australia
- To provide support in finance & accounting matters generally and contribute towards the growth of the firm's business
Reporting Line: This role will report to Finance Manager based in Sydney
Accounting & reporting
- Manage India shared service team and outsourcing accounting vendors who handle bookkeeping of the Australia Corporate and Fund entities.
- Oversee monthly accounting records, including bank reconciliations and any sub ledger reconciliations.
- Oversee payments, money transfers & daily cash flow.
- Review and lodge monthly/quarterly Business Activity Statements, including annual income tax returns;
- Assist in annual external & internal audit;
- Assist with tax, corporate secretarial compliance, fund compliance/corporate governance matters
- Implement and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Fund consolidation and reporting to investors on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist client/Fund Managers with investors' requests & inquiries on financial and accounting information
- Review and analyze financial results reported by property holding subsidiaries, including proper conversion from local GAAPs to IFRS/US GAAP (where applicable)
- Maintain appropriate cash flow processes to enable efficient management of cash balances;
- Cash management including monitoring and altering transactional and term deposit accounts for all investment operations;
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in accounting & book keeping
- Experience in real estate industry preferred, with prior experience in large accounting and audit firms;
- Experience in PeopleSoft Finance highly preferred;
- Technically strong in financial reporting and accounting standards
- Client focused, confident and a high level of integrity
- Organized and meticulous and yet inquisitive and lateral
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in the Asia Pacific region including liaising with JV partners, asset managers, outsource agents, bankers, auditors and consultants
Company website: www.lasalle.com