Divisional Finance Controller
This role will work closely with the Head of Finance assisting in driving acquisition activity across the business while also leading process improvement and best practice for the reporting side of organisation. This person will be managing a team of 3 directly and roughly 10 indirectly acting as the lead on all reporting elements within the group
The client is a start up real estate investment organisation. The business has made a number of acquisitions over the past few years in Central London and are rapidly growing. It's a fast paced culture with a number of ongoing projects always on the horizon. This company will suit someone who enjoys working in a challenging fast moving business.
As the UK Divisional Financial Controller your role will be broad to encompass financial and management accounting, project work, and management of the team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the business;
- Review of monthly/quarterly reporting packs and providing additional commentary/insight where appropriate;
- Production of monthly performance packs highlight and investigating key areas and drivers to support operational decision making;
- Production of quarterly and annual balance sheet forecasts;
- Take a lead role in the year end process and act as a point of contact for the auditors;
- Directly managing a team of 3 and indirectly managing a team of 10 driving process improvement and best practice while also leading on the implementation of controls for new acquisitions
- Undertake projects relating to accounting standards, process improvements, and systems upgrades/implementations as requested/required.
- Assisting the Head of Finance in driving key commercial decisions around acquisitions and bids of new property across the London area
As a strong applicant for this Divisional Financial Controller role you will:
- Ideally be an ACA qualified accountant with relevant audit/accounts training (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge and understanding of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting processes;
- Show a clear ability to develop and present accurate and actionable commentary to MI packs;
- Have a coaching and development focus in your management style with prior experience of managing a team of different levels of experience;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with senior management and across the organisation.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £70,000-£80,000 depending on experience plus a benefits package including bonus, pension, and PMI. The role is based in North London