Commercial Finance Analyst
This is a unique opportunity for a qualified accountant with excellent commercial acumen making their first move from practice, or for an analyst from industry looking for a new challenge.
Our private equity backed client are an exciting, fast paced business who have grown rapidly both organically and by acquisition over the past few years.
Operating within the FMCG sector, this business has clients who are well respected global brands, and can confidently say they are a leader in their field.
The finance team compromises of extremely high calibre individuals, who have worked for some impressive organisations before joining this PE backed SME as a opportunity to accelerate their careers and gain broader experience right across the business.
We are keen to speak to ambitious, forward thinking individuals who want to work in an evolving, thriving business with bright, driven colleagues.
The key responsibilities for this Commercial Finance Analyst position are as follows:
- Finance business partnering with the Sales, IT and Business Support teams to analyse and understand business performance
- Producing budgets and forecasts
- Working on new investment appraisals
- Ad-hoc MI requests
- Analysing large volumes of data and improving current finance systems
- Ownership of producing monthly management packs
- Ability to work directly with board members to discuss business performance and suggest improvements
- Take a lead on improving current systems and reporting to enhance efficiency
- Support the month end process and audit
- Use excel to a very high level to produce reports and feedback to senior stakeholders - advanced modelling skills would be very useful
The chosen candidate for this Commercial Finance Analyst role will be:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Either a proven finance analyst from industry, looking for a step up into a more diverse role with the opportunity to progress, or a first time mover from practice with excellent excel skills
- A confident, driven individual looking to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to digest and interpret financial information, before feeding back and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Systems savvy, able to suggest improvements to current ways of working
- A strong excel user - comfortable with pivots, look ups, working with large volumes of data and modelling
- Keen to business partner with individuals outside of finance
Our client are looking to offer a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 + an excellent benefits package and flexible working facilities.
This role offers genuine chances of progression, and exposure to senior stakeholders with an ability to add value on a fast paced, extremly successful business.