Audit Manager - Modern, Foward-Thinking Firm
This is a great opportunity for an Audit Supervisor or Manager to join a progressive firm in the centre of Guildford with a reputation for technical excellence.
Our client is a leading Guildford based accountancy practice. They have a skilled team of well over 100 people, at all levels, in whom they place great value, and are strong investors in their people. They are forward-thinking and have been providing the full range of accountancy services to their substantial, growing and diverse client base for over a century.
- Contribute to financial performance of audit team in terms of budgets, target fees and chargeable time.
- Manage the audit process for clients in accordance with audit procedures ensuring that the client's requirements are met, through liaison with other areas of the business when required.
- Assist in business development.
- Manage, train and assist other audit team members.
- Networking opportunities will be available.
- Assist in other audit related tasks as required.
- Have strong technical accounting knowledge, an eye for detail and IT literacy.
- Take a genuine interest in the firm's clients and have a desire to put them first.
- Have strong communication skills to interact with other audit staff, other specialist teams within the firm and externally with professional contacts and clients.
- Be one of a team of managers with day to day responsibility for managing the audit process and client relationships for a portfolio of exciting audit clients.
- Have direct contact with audit partners and have the opportunity to learn, and willingness to develop.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Apply critical reasoning to provide insight into audit work and our clients.
- Possess good time management skills and have the ability to adapt to changing conditions to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate good judgement of risk and be commercially minded.
- Be a team player that is willing to motivate and development junior staff and contribute to team meetings.
- Ability to communicate with directors, staff and clients in a clear and friendly manner.
37.5 hour working week Monday to Friday,
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Pleasant working environment.