Private Client Tax Manager - Advisory Focus - Top 15 Firm
A top 15 firm based near Kingston are looking for a Tax Manager to join their flagship office in Surrey. They have an excellent local reputation in Tax and can offer future career progression opportunities.
This is a top 15 firm with a good reputation in tax. They are known for having a more laid back approach in comparison to other firms of this size, but without compromising the quality of work. Staff are well looked after with some having been there over 10 and 20 years. The role will be private client focused but there is an opportunity to get involved in Partnerships if you wish to.
The role will be focused on assisting the Private Client Tax Manager to provide private client tax services to the client base. It will be a varied role getting involved in a wide portfolio. The successful candidate will assist with the provision of both tax compliance and advisory services to a mixed portfolio of clients.
The role will include assisting with the following:
- Preparation, review and submission of self-assessment personal tax returns capital gains tax, inheritance tax and income tax planning
- Residence and domicile tax advice
- Dealing with HMRC matters on behalf of clients
- Providing tax support on discrete advisory projects.
- Helping to manage the department's self-assessment compliance cycle.
- Ensuring that work is organised, allocated and delivered in an efficient and effective way.
- Reviewing tax compliance work produced by more junior members of the team, identifying tax planning opportunities, concerns and areas requiring further consideration.
- CTA qualified or equivalent.
- Currently working in a personal tax role in a good practice.
- Organised and proactive.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate and confident with numbers.
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 depending on experience.