Accountancy Practice Manager
A highly regarded accountancy practice, based in Ashford, is searching for a key addition to its close knit, highly successful team in a Practice Manager focused role, taking responsibility for a small team of accounts staff. This will be a split role across team and client management.
My client are a very interesting practice who pride themselves on being different to the norm. They are located in Ashford with brilliant offices and a team of great individuals. They have regular social events and also a lot of client events to keep both their client and their team members engaged. They are growing well and have an excellent reputation in the market.
Based from the Ashford offices, the key responsibilities of the successful Practice Manager will be:
- To be able to organise workflow for the staff in the office (approximately 5-6 people that will grow with time)
- Be capable of reporting to Directors/Associate Directors
- Be able to adhere to deadlines and report to those above about deadlines, i.e. what needs filing by month end etc
- Ensuring all deadlines are met
- Be able to review work to a good standard before going to partner review
- Be able to prepare accounts to a good standard
- Be capable of reviewing VAT returns, Personal Tax, Financial Statements, Corporation Tax, P11D's
The successful Practice Manager will have previous experience working within an Accountancy practice as well as:
A positive attitude, who loves working as part of a team
ACA / ACCA qualified - or working towards
Qualified by experience within an accountancy practice, if you don't have the above
Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build trust and rapport quickly
Experience of dealing with small business owners
Great organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise a changing workload
A passion and desire to make a difference
Xero knowledge (desirable)
On offer is a very competitive salary as well as some great benefits.
The office operates a flexible and relaxed working culture.