Director, Chief Digital Officer, Asia
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world.
GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
The Chief Digital Officer role was a newly created position in Asia in 2017 as part of the creation of the GBIS Digital office. The objective is to lead a comprehensive digital transformation strategy for ASIA Business unit, by fostering the innovation mindset and by increasing cross fertilization around digital projects in coordination with the different Heads in the business lines and support functions and with the Global Digital office.
The follow up of Wholesale projects that fall under the digital office supervision / sponsorship, such as:
Web site / services that are facing external clients
GBIS transversal projects that have an impact on several business lines
Any other digital project that is managed within the Wholesale perimeter
Be the Ambassador (i.e. communicate, explain & get the adherence in the business line) of the digital principles as defined by the digital office. And once implemented, ensure the change management towards these principles
Create a community and promote the innovation culture in the business line, by identifying and implementing the best ideas that may raise either in the region or from another digital officer
Promote the platform strategy and the creation of new services in SG Markets
Be the central point of contact in Asia for any aspect linked to the digital transformation: service oriented developments (compared to the current silo) approach, sharing / reusability of IT components, etc.
Identification and facilitation of key Digital initiatives within the business line
Challenge non-digital initiatives and bring them to the digital principles
Change management to bring a Digital mindset within the business lines and create a digital dynamic
Organise innovation related events to foster emergence of new ideas and accelerate their implementation
Requirement for the job
- Strong experience in change management in complex environments
- Ability to interact with all hierarchy levels to facilitate top management decisions and their implementation on the field
- Proven IT skills and good IT architecture understanding
- Ability to interact with IT teams and review implementation choices when necessary
- Very good knowledge of the different businesses operated in APAC and ability to interact with business lines and identify digital game changers for the businesses
- Good public speaking skills
- Innovation oriented mindset
- Team spirit: ability to work with different teams on transversal projects
- Strong and successful experience in Project or Program Management
- P ersonal interest in digital topics (readings, market watch, etc.)