2 days left
- Full time
As Reporting Accountant role you will provide support to the central finance team with the consolidation of group's results on a monthly basis, and in the preparation for quarter and year end results. The role provides the opportunity for exposure to other departments within Finance, including tax and treasury. There will also be interaction with the external auditors, particularly around year end with the provision of various schedules to support year end accounts and analysis.
The central finance team is responsible for ensuring that the accounting is compliant with relevant standards and supporting the external dividend program and bond issuance transactions.
- Consolidation of the group's results on a monthly basis. This requires performing system checks, running consolidations, reviewing and correcting intercompany balances, processing journals ensuring adequate back-up is provided
- Full understanding of the Group's monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes, at all levels of Group consolidations (4 consolidations, plus consolidation adjustment companies)
- Assistance in the understanding and maintenance of the accounting across the multi-level consolidations under both IFRS and UK GAAP
- Ensuring that the controls around the consolidation operate appropriately and efficiently and that the internal and external reporting deadlines are met
- Maintenance of a central journal file for consolidation adjustments
- Regulatory Accounts - preparation and delivery of accounts on a timely basis that require co-ordination with various departments for their inputs
- Fixed assets reporting and analysis - full understanding of the reconciliation between the fixed assets register and the statutory ledgers
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Newly qualified (or nearing completion) accountant, with experience of financial reporting
- Understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience working with consolidation systems