Private Equity Associate Director
Private Equity Associate Director - Jersey
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and
software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
This is a key strategic hire for SS&C in establishing our presence in the Channel Islands. The role has three core elements: working with our established MoME in supporting our Jersey based funds and some of our existing London based clients; developing relationships with key influencers in Jersey; setting up the office infrastructure as we build out the Jersey team and migrate out of the current MoME arrangement.
• Manage the client deliverables and coordinate with the Fund Accounting and operational teams in other jurisdictions who support Jersey domiciles funds
• Client relationship management, interacting with clients at various levels and help maintain client relationship
• Review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and partner capital recording packages including all supporting work papers and disclosure documents
• Fund Administration, providing client service on a multitude of matters including recording and analyzing transactions, reconciliations; wire payments, call and distribution notices, and preparation of work paper packages
• Responding to client Enquiries and requests
• Preparation of client service plans, calendars and timelines
• On-boarding of new clients and funds
• Coordination of external audits
• Develop a network of industry contacts and attend industry events
• Support the sales team in business development for Private Equity, Real Estate/Real Assets and Hedge funds
• Act as subject matter expert for all matters regarding Jersey funds
• Ensure that all local regulations are complied with for the provision of administration services to Jersey domiciled funds
• Set up/Review GoCheck tasks to ensure all local regulatory requirements are met
• Ensure incubator firm have the correct access to required data and systems
• Assist in the establishment of a standalone Jersey office, including infrastructure
• Prepare procedure/process documentation to facilitate the transition of the business from incubator to standalone basis.
• Define the roles and responsibilities required to operate the standalone business
• Ensure all regulatory filings are made for SS&C Jersey and client funds
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
• Experience in private equity, real assets and hedge funds
• Familiarity with preparing and reviewing of capital call and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations and preparation of financial statements
• Knowledge of partnership accounting
• Knowledge of US GAAP / UK GAAP and IFRS
• Prior supervisory experience
• Advanced MS Excel knowledge
• Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
• Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
• Solid attention to detail
• Excellent client relationship management skills
• Willingness to travel, occasional travel required to other offices
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.