Global Family Office - EMEA - Fiduciary Advisor - Guernsey
Overseas Fiduciary business activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Responsible for monitoring delivery of Fiduciary services to ensure that a consistent and quality level maintained.
Direct client and prospect interaction to provide goals-based wealth plan consulting services to high-income/net worth individuals and families.
Collaborate with Lead Relationship Managers and other client service team members to integrate client service delivery.
Contribute thought leadership in wealth planning and mentoring of other partners.
Engage with the professional advisor community to advance Northern Trust's brand and reputation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Oversight of management of Guernsey Fiduciary team
• Work directly with clients to develop an advisory relationship and gather information related to client's financial
circumstance's and goals
• Determine client financial objectives, risk tolerance and capital requirements
• Counsel and advise clients on general financial forecasts and trends
• Facilitate implementation of sophisticated wealth plans based on the direction given by the client
• Interact with client's other advisors and other Northern Trust service partners in the delivery of coordinated financial and wealth planning services
• Actively assist in the sales process and the identification of opportunities to expand client relationships
• Acceptance/decline of new business, resignation as trustee - review and recommend or otherwise new fiduciary business to the board, nominated director or other responsible party
• Develop marketing materials and plans and deliver marketing presentations
• Contribute to Northern Trust wealth planning thought leadership, including marketing resources
• Actively engage in the cultivation of professional advisor relationships, including attendance at and participation in professional conferences and professional advisor networks
• Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of Fiduciary, business unit / function
• As Fiduciary subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team
• Represent Fiduciary business at compliance, risk and investment related committees; including Fiduciary Review Committee, Audit Risk Committee, Investment Oversight Committee. Arbitrate on contentious decisions
• Provide updates to relevant Boards and Committees on Fiduciary related business
The new post holder will benefit from having:
• Strong knowledge of Fiduciary and Guernsey regulatory environment
• Understanding of the wealth, fiduciary and trust business
• Legal and accounting experience
• Technical knowledge of fiduciary, custody and ancillary services such as Asset Management, IRAS, Private Monitor , FX, Transition Management, etc..
• Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change, self-motivated and able to independently drive results
• Strong analytical skills: ability to analyse and synthesize large amounts of information into concise and structured output.
• Problem solving: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
• Interpersonal skills: ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships, create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team
The competencies we seek include:
• People and team management
• Effective prioritisation
• Organisational adaptability
• Personal Accountability
• Management of virtual teams
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$135 billion in banking assets
$8.1 trillion in assets under custody
$10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management