Senior Principal, Product Management & Strategy- Senior Buy-Side Expert, Collateral Management
2 days left
- Full time
• Leads Product Management, Development and Strategy for Collateral Management Product solutions with a specific focus on the commercial and regulatory requirements for the buy-side industry in Europe. Responsible for defining the product strategy and roadmap for this client segment in the EMEA region, but will also contribute to our global strategy.
• Responsible for defining the strategy that drives product development, and leads through to delivery. An important element of that will be ensuring buy-side requirements are incorporated into the broader Collateral Management Product Strategy, specifically in relation to the modernisation of the existing IT-Architecture.
• Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics.
• Helps navigate the challenge of defining a new technology target state and product architecture, while considering the dependencies and challenges of the collateral management business. The successful candidate will be able to:
-work closely with the senior product specialists to define the buy-side strategy for the Collateral Management Business, taking into consideration the interaction with our existing sell-side franchise, as well asthe re-design of the IT Architecture.
- define the client experience, product offering, and product pricing for the buy-side, as well as determining how the collateral management product needs to be integrated with other BNY Mellon buy-side offerings.
• In addition to leading individual product enhancement requests, the role will require market analysis to ensure we always understand, and continuously represent, the specific business requirements of buy-side clients and their underlying depositaries, as well as ensuring profitability and penetration goals for the market are met. This applies across the different product development initiatives and requires work in partnership with the US and APAC team to provide on-going input into the Product Development Cycle.
• Interface management to Markets Legal Team is a critical part of the role to ensure that Collateral Management Product can accommodate the specific regulatory requirements for European Buy-Side Regulation (including but not limited to AIFMD and UCITS Regulation).
• Representing BNY Mellon in respective industry working groups.
• Responsible as an interface manager to other buy-side focused Product Teams within BNY Mellon's Investment Services team.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
• Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on complex buy-side deals as needed. May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
• Must have market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors. Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
• Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability and employs a client-focused, strategic approach.
• Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
• He/She requires a deep understanding of the Collateral business, the securities lending business, the financial industry in general and the changing regulatory environment. He/She should also have a deep understanding of the global debt and equity markets.
• He/She should have the ability to strategically design structures and processes that will create innovative value added services that enable them to scale their business.
• He/she should understand internal policy and external regulatory compliance issues as well as understanding the financial metrics of the business.
• Has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments, regulatory requirements and competitor services/offerings for collateral management. Must demonstrate specific market knowledge for the Buy-Side Industry and detailed knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment of this industry in Europe.
• 10 years of minimum relevant work experience from a Buy-Side firm with a focus on derivatives and securities finance industry preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. Bachelor or MBA degree preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
• Manages the product life cycle from development through marketing for key products. Collaborates with senior leaders to implement enhancements to products that bridge gaps in firm product portfolio. Establishes the criteria for product line evaluation, pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
• Is directly responsible for product profitability across a range of large, complex, global products.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability. Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm.
• He/She will be expected to document, implement and communicate new services and enhancements into the organisation and serve as the strategic subject matter expert (SME) for assigned product (s)/project(s)
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
12 plus years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70659
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1812367