Senior Principal, Product Management - Senior Reference Data Expert
• Leads product management, development and strategy with a specific focus on Reference Data Strategy (including Securities Reference, Asset classification and Pricing Data) for Collateral Management.
• Design (Business Requirements) and execute implementation plans to update the collateral management system architecture (in relation to reference data), processes and controls to meet requirements timely and accurately while mitigating risks.
• Analyze the impact of compulsory industry changes on reference data, perform Business Analysis around Reference Data Management.
• Defining the strategy for improved data management practices through governance, data quality at source initiatives, improved instrumentation and other needs.
• Manages data vendor relationships (where needed) and ensures related costs are understood and managed appropriately.
• Engage both within BNY Mellon, firm-wide, and with industry dialogue to identify and analyze future compulsory impact from data initiatives, ensure expectations of relevant stakeholders are managed, and that necessary long term preparations are made to manage regulatory risk and business risk in reference data processes.
• Drive data quality through continuous process improvement.
• Help engage with data vendors to understand their offerings, to assist with doing all of the above, but more importantly: take a pro-active approach to reference data model and help us define a reference data model that is the benchmark of the Collateral Industry.
• Beyond the strategic design of the reference data architecture, the role will require participation in day-to-day activities in relation to client queries and research of data quality issues around asset classification, pricing methodology, index composition, etc., and defining both immediate and long term strategic solutions.
• Lead the migration to ISO20022 standard from a business perspective in co-operation with Technology team.
• Train internal teams and engage with client conversations as needed.
• Must have market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors. Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
• Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability and employs a client-focused, strategic approach.
• Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
• He/She requires a deep understanding of the Collateral business, the securities lending business, the financial industry in general and the changing regulatory environment. He/She should also have a deep understanding of the global debt and equity markets.
• He/She should have the ability to strategically design structures and processes that will create innovative value added services that enable them to scale their business.
• He/she should understand internal policy and external regulatory compliance issues as well as understanding the financial metrics of the business.
• Broad skillset across reference data, securities master data, pricing data across global data sources from established Data and Pricing Vendors.
• Functional Data Architect expertise and quantitative skills for data modelling with a business focus mindset.
• Degree qualified with 10 or more years in the Securities or Finance Industry. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. Bachelor or MBA degree preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
• Is able to translate complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences. Has strong communication skills to deliver reports and presentations to senior leaders.
• The incumbent is fully proficient in the role & able to function independently with minimal guidance from manager.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
• Manages the product life cycle from development through marketing for key products. Collaborates with senior leaders to implement enhancements to products that bridge gaps in firm product portfolio. Establishes the criteria for product line evaluation, pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
• Is a key part of a team that is directly responsible for product profitability across a range of large, complex, global products. Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
• He/She will be expected to document, implement and communicate new services and enhancements into the organisation and serve as the strategic subject matter expert (SME) for assigned product (s)/project(s)
• Fluent English speaker
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
12 plus years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70659
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1812368