Team leader FX/MM
My client, a growing Asian Bank is hiring a team lead for FX/MM in their Operations department (Hong Kong Island)
- Lead a cross-functional team which covers fixed income products settlement, payment processing and FXMM settlement.
- Handle daily operational tasks (both fixed income area and payment FXMM area) as hands-on level whenever there is such need.
- Engage in non-daily tasks including but not limited to policies and procedures revision, job arrangements, system control, business continuity planning (BCP), audit requests, MIS Reports, etc.
- Participate in system development projects as the user side lead and subject matter expert (SME). Involve in the stages of user requirement study, project meetings, UAT, bug fixing, parallel run and post-live stabilization.
- Deal with internal and external enquiries from different parties. Show professionalism in cases follow-up and ensure the clients and other stakeholders are satisfied.
- Provide support to the other teams. Engage in cross training, job rotation and job delegation under the command of the department head.
- Provide support to the department head, assisted in business analysis and decision making.
- University graduate, preferably major in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Good command of written and verbal English communication, Mandarin speaking an advantage
- At least 7 years of experience in fixed income products and FX/MM settlement, coupon/redemption processing, claims handling, cash payment (SWIFT)
- Concepts and understanding in the operational workflow of Euroclear, Clearstream, Fedwire, DTC, Austraclear, CMU, JASDEC, CREST, etc. Hands-on experience and excellent knowledge in the usage of Euclid PC, SWIFT messages. Knowledge in Easyway, HSBCNet and CitiDirect is an advantage
- Able to deal with enquiries from internal departments and external parties (such as clients, counterparties, regulators or auditors) in a professional manner.
- Willingness to work over-time / on public holiday, ensure all work within the areas are completed
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadline, especially when there are projects or ad hoc tasks.