Credit Risk Oversight Analyst
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18038408
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
This Credit Risk Oversight Analyst role is primarily responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of oversight programs related to the entire credit lifecycle of Unsecured Risk for the Australia Consumer Risk Management Unit.
You will also establishing credit risk monitoring reports to oversee the application of risk oversight framework and governance processes in SAS and work hand in hand with the Credit Operations teams (Acceptance, Fraud & Collections) and key stakeholders to continuously improve the quality, methodologies and controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of the production of the Quality Assurance (QA) Monitoring report. Develop, automate and implement retail credit risk QA monitoring reports to independently review the adherence to credit risk policies across the credit risk lifecycle
- Design new reports and tests to further enhance the QA review
- Proactively improve QA monitoring and contribute to the effective identification of risk trends that may cause potential breaches
- Autonomously sample potential breaches, investigate the cause, identify key issues and measure the impact
- Independently analyse the QA monitoring reports and write a summary report. Present key findings and issues to senior management and stakeholders for review
- Coordinate with the broader risk team to recognize and highlight potential issues. Establish a strong working relationship with key stakeholders, working closely and influence with key stakeholders to consider and/or adopt recommended solutions, mitigate risk and improve practices and controls
- Coordinate the monthly governance forum (Risk Oversight Committee) and produce the committee pack. Proactively own and manage other committee tasks (e.g. calendar invites, minutes and consolidate submissions from different stakeholders etc.)
- Liaising with business stakeholders primarily product in-business control, compliance, product risk managers and credit operations for implementation of controls and measures to prevent future breaches
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years' relevant experience in a credit risk analytics or analytical/reporting role. Preferably within the financial services sector.
- Must have strong programming skills in SAS and/or SQL (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Apply well developed risk and portfolio analysis to a highly complex problem e.g. develop testing framework logic and code these tests utilising your knowledge of the policy, system, and data warehouse
- Work independently, multi-task, apply highly organised approach and plans own activities under moderate direction while managing BAU deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Excellent presentation skills and report writing skills. Attention to detail and the ability to present to and facilitate discussions at stakeholder level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas
- Develop and maintain a network with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of credit risk decision engines and consumer lending is a plus
- Exposure to monitoring credit decisioning and related systems is a plus
- Experience in the development of credit strategy/policy is highly advantageous
- A bachelor's degree in a Quantitative discipline with a financial focus i.e. Econometrics, Commerce, Statistics, Mathematics etc.