Associate - Fund Operations - Boutique Asset Manager
1 day left
- Full time
Phoenix Asset Management Partners is a boutique investment manager based in South West London with circa 15 people. We are looking for an Associate to join the team in investment operations.
The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working autonomously and can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in their approach to work. The firm is small and personality fit will be of great importance.
The role does not provide a route to the Front Office.
This role will involve working in a combined “back of house” team of 5 people who are responsible for fund accounting, compliance, risk management, marketing and investor relations. The core aspects of this role will focus on fund accounting and operations.
The small nature of the company means that the role is broad and offers the chance to understand the business from end to end, dealing with investors, custodians and internal stakeholders.
The work is a mix of systematic daily process, month-end reconciliations and longer-term projects. As the team is small, it affords the opportunity to perform a wide range of functions in the management of the funds and to take on responsibility at an early stage if proven.
Core Fund Accounting:
• Assist with the day to day shadow NAV production across all funds.
• Cash and position reconciliations to third parties.
• Income and expense processing and reconciliation.
• Processing dividend accruals on ex-date.
• Trade matching and settlement.
• Proxy voting.
• Corporate actions.
• Analysing daily fund returns and investigating discrepancies where necessary.
• Liaising with third party custodians and administrators on a day to day basis.
• Completing daily and monthly checklists.
• Assisting with regulatory reporting, when required.
• Monthly net asset value reconciliations to administrators.
• Monthly client reporting.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly fee invoices.
• Ad hoc projects as and when required.
• Maintenance of the PROXYEDGE database
• Liaise with the Investment team on voting instructions
• Prepare ad hoc reports on voting records for clients
• Daily monitoring of all shareholding positions
• Threshold reporting to regulators and to the investment team.
Initial identification of any breaches.
• 2-3 years' experience in a similar role.
• Educated to a degree level in a finance related subject.
• Understanding of nav. production and operations.
• Good Microsoft Excel skills.
The role will require:
• High quality and accuracy in fund operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks and projects.
• Self-motivated with evidence of being able to work with limited supervision.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Team-focused, effective working with others.
• Applications will only be accepted via post to Lorraine Smyth, Phoenix Asset Management Partners, 64-66 Glentham Road, Barnes, London, SW13 9JJ.
• Applications should include a CV and detailed covering letter explaining why the opportunity is of interest.