Fund Accounting Officer - 6 Month Contract (Private Equity and Real Estate Funds)
1 day left
- Full time
You will be responsible for a assisting with the accounting and full administration of a portfolio of clients and will act as a liaison and point of contact for all matters relating to these accounts. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Acting as a key/first point of contact for our clients, and by extension being the key contact person between investors, fund managers and other service providers for resolving any issues that may arise;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Driving the preparation of the funds' periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Driving the preparation of the fund accounts, periodic and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Coordinate and driving investor servicing activities, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Assisting the Managers in driving the initial setup of any new funds taken on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and tasks from time-to-time as required by your Managers or clients;
- Supporting Managers and Senior Management in ensuring quality work is delivered to the clients;
- Assisting Managers with internal projects and initiatives from time-to-time.
- 3 - 5 years of experience of working in asset management (preferably in fund houses, fund administrators or the Big 4 etc.);
- Strong academic background;
- Fully qualified Accountant (e.g. ISCA/ACCA/CPAA/AICPA/CIMA) or recently completed your qualification examinations;
- Knowledge of fund operations for private equity and/or real estate funds (including valuation, accounting and payment procedures) would be advantageous;
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Mandarin or any other Asian languages, such as Japanese, or Korean will be considered as an asset;
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- You are mature, and detail-oriented.
- High level of IT literacy with strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of eFront and Yardi systems would be a distinct advantage.