Internal Audit Consultant - Banking
Internal Audit Practice is growing at a rapid pace and is looking to hire an Internal Audit Consultant - Banking to join their Banking team. If so, this is a great opportunity for an individual to be involved in managing the team and supporting business development through building meaningful trusted relationships with clients.
- Supporting partners/directors to identify and develop new client relationships.
- Actively participating in and supporting the partners/directors in business development activity including the development of proposals and presenting to client selection panels.
- Assisting with building new client relationships through attendance at both internally hosted and external events.
- Supporting the partners/directors in the delivery of internal audit outsource/ co-source or External Quality Assessments for B2B Clients.
- Collaboration with a number of firm-wide subject matter experts providing assurance to clients on emerging risk areas.
- Acting as a coach to members of the team and helping with the development of the team as a whole.
- Managing a portfolio of existing IA clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supporting the partners/directors to prepare for business development meetings with target clients, attending those meetings and helping to manage the opportunities pipeline.
- Understanding clients' IA needs and highlighting further work opportunities to client service teams and assisting in the development of compelling proposals/solutions to support new business initiatives.
- Attending key clients meetings (i.e. planning and risk assessments, Audit Committee etc.) with senior auditees/stakeholders.
- Reviewing key client deliverables such as IA reports, working papers, and audit programs including managing the input from subject matter experts before final quality assurance by partners/directors.
Qualifications & Skills
- Achieved an accountancy qualification including but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, CCAB. We will also consider other suitable Internal Audit qualifications.
- Significant Internal Audit and/or Risk Management experience, including experience of co-ordinating teams delivering audits and management of annual planning processes.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within FS clients.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to facilitate workshops both internally and externally.
- Outstanding communication skills and experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.