Finance Systems Manager
Foundation Trust looking for a Finance Systems Manager to work with the finance team to ensure time & accurate reporting & development of their finance systems.
My client is a large and busy Foundation Trust based in Cambridgeshire. My client is one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the country and is a leading clinical and academic centre with a national and international reputation for excellence. They are proud of the skill and dedication of their employees and value teamwork, commitment and energy.
Finance Systems Manager - 8B
As the successful candidate for this position your key responsibilities will include:
Managerial and Training responsibilities, System Management responsibilities and technical responsibilities.
The core of these will include:
- Assisting with recruitment, inductions, training and development;
- To identify the systems training needs and requirements of users and provide this through both formal and informal training. This may include liaising with external expert providers as appropriate. Off the back of this to then design and produce appropriate training packages;
- Provide local help desk facility for all finance staff for all finance IT and application support issues, ensuring that problems are resolved quickly either by the Finance Systems Team, or by internal / external support if required;
- Evaluate and manage appropriate upgrades to software and hardware to enhance the deliverable benefits of the Trust's finance systems;
- Manage relationships and negotiate and manage service contracts with Finance systems suppliers;
- Responsibility for the development of solutions with the Finance Systems Team using Qlikview, SQL on Oracle/SQL Server databases, DOS batch files, MS Excel and any other software;
- Responsibility for the development and administration of various software and hardware;
- To identify, recommend, design and implement processes to automate and improve the efficiency of systems through a coordinated approach with finance professionals.
On top of this communication and business partnering is a large aspect of this, in terms of internally, externally, finance and non-finance stakeholders.
You, as the successful candidate for this role will have:
- (CCAB) recognised accountancy qualification.
- In-depth understanding and management of computerised accounting systems with experience of automation;
- Advanced relational database experience;
- Experience of managing a SQL development team/IT development team;
- Advanced experience of SQL server in a complex organisation, including database administration tools and techniques (programming and administration);
- An ability to listen to budget holders and other senior managers and to interpret responses so that reports, analysis and advice provided to them are relevant;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation.
On offer to you is:
- £47,000 - 58,000 Band 8B (dependent on experience);
- The chance to join a large and exceptional Trust;
- The chance to do a broad and varied role and make your mark in this area;
- Trust within Cambridge
This role is within a Foundation Trust
Healthcare / NHS sector
Finance Systems Manager - 8B