A Finance Director is required to work for a fast growth, digital technology business, based in Central London. Reporting directly to the MD, you will be taking full ownership for the financial and commercial strategy for this forward thinking, dynamic business and will be integral in supporting the board in achieving their aggressive growth plans over the next 3 years.
As the Finance Director, you will be a key member of the senior management team, supporting the board with the construction and successful delivery of the business plan and strategy. You will take full ownership for all commercial and financial related activities, aiding the business to make commercially viable decisions. Responsibilities will include:
- Implementation and delivery of the business strategy from a financial perspective, ensuring the business is working in line with the financial and commercial goals set out
- Partnering with the Directors on a day to day basis, ensuring the business is maximising on revenue growth and driving profitability
- Ownership of margins, ensuring targets are met and the business is working in line with the commercial strategy
- Responsibility for the delivery of and analysis of business KPI’s, ensuring the business is working towards these and challenging where necessary
- Oversight of the financial controls, compliance and reporting
- Management, development and training of a small team
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, ideally from a top 10 accountancy practice, with a proven track record of working in a No1 finance role, managing the commercial and financial strategy for a business or a division of previously. You must have examples of where you have impacted the bottom line, supporting Directors in driving profitability and growth. You will have experience working in small but growing digital and/or marketing industry. You will be confident, articulate and commercially minded, with the ability challenge the Directors in the business. The role will suit an ambitious, proactive and dynamic individual who will thrive in supporting a small, yet fast growth business achieve their financial goals.
This is a key hire for the business as they move into their next growth phase. As you grow with the business and prove your value to the management team, you will be rewarded with equity in the business and the ability to step up to a CFO within 18-24 months.