The Finance Manager assists the Finance & IT Director in the overall management of finances,involved with planning, budgeting, management of the grants and contracts, ensuring financial and grants compliance.
S/he is responsible for the supervision and mentoring of the finance team. The position ensures quality services to a variety of stakeholders in line with Save the Children Policies and Procedures in a humanitarian response context.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure compliance with Save the Children Jordan MOS and SOP related to financial systems and accounting
• Administer and maintain financial processes and systems, including Agresso, MENAiTECH
• Ensure review, archiving, safeguarding, qualitative and quantitative compliance of all financial journal package hard copies (PMV, CRV, JV)
• Ensure review of accounting information (including coding) as per budget holder-authorized pre-journal requests/documentation
• Administer Treasury Management, including Cash Flow management
• Prepare and facilitate CEO-approval of Monthly Financial Review Reports: Monthly Control Checklist (MCC), Bank Reconciliations (BR), Effort Reporting (ER).
• Administer Member and Award-level internal and external audits
• Manage timesheet system
• Administer government-level financial reporting including but not limited to: Social Security, Income Tax, MoSD reports
• Manage higher-level financial and accounting review, soft and hard monthly closure. Administer Annual Financial Closure and reporting to the Centre
• Keep financial policies updated and roll out time to time
• Close liaison with bank to get cost effective and efficient banking services
• Administer the Shared Cost computation segment of the Shared Cost Calculator and provide recommendations to the SLT.
• Administer payroll review, authorization and processing
• Administer Internal Controls, including segregation of duties and Asset Safeguarding. Assist the CEO in providing internal control final clearance on all financial transactions.
• Ensure Quarterly Assets physical verification and reconciliation with accounting records
• Contribute to risk management in the area of financial management, award management and financial accounting.
• Represent finance in the Fraud Management Committee and lead the investigations related to internal controls.
• Provide functional oversight and support to sub-office and Camp finance personnel.
• Act as Finance Director as needed.
• Act as a member of Procurement committee, compliance with donor requirements as well as to ensure transparent procurement to meet organizations policy and standards
• Provide support child safe guarding team in investigation
Capacity Building & Organizational Learning
• Provide basic finance training to all staff regarding applicable SC Jordan policies, procedures and processes.
• Ensures adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy and reporting procedures
• Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter, the Red Cross Code of Conduct
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
BEHAVIORS (Values in Practice)
•• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
• In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team. Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• • Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, other Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
•• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency