A small family feeling clothing & events wear retailing business offering a full time credit control position in their accounts team To maximise cash flow and minimise working capital by ensuring prompt payment of sales invoices. To chase progress of sales invoices and resolve initial queries with thier clients.
- Follow the company’s standard credit control policy
- Maintain the credit control logs on all overdue invoices by recording in writing any correspondence, in a manner suitable for providing evidence to court if necessary.
- Deal with payment queries or disputes from clients, arranging credit notes as required.
- Assist with the other work of the Accounts Department when particularly busy.
- Keep under review the company’s credit control policies and procedures and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Work together with the other members of the Accounts Department to provide a comprehensive, accurate and timely service to the rest of the company.
- Maintain good client relationships on credit control matters, particularly disputes.
Why should you apply? A small family feeling business offering a part time credit control position
What we’re looking for:
- A good standard of education, with good written and spoken English
- Formal qualifications and/or training in credit control are welcome but not essential.
- At least 2 years working in a credit control environment
- Knowledge of credit control procedures, cash collection techniques, sales ledger and general accounts
- Familiarity with Sage accounting software is desirable
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Courteous but firm and persistent
- Able work independently as well as part of a small team
- Adaptable & flexible