Marantomark Limited operates a group of care homes in the Greater Manchester area.
Reporting to the Directors, as Finance Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance function of the business and overseeing a team of 4. You will support the Directors in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data.
- Production of comprehensive monthly management accounts, within a strict deadline, including profit and loss account and balance sheet reconciliations.
- To support and provide input into monthly commentary covering both the Profit and Loss Account and Balance sheet.
- Analyse financial performance and report on variances against budget.
- Cash flow forecasting, and cash management.
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data - this will involve setting up standard KPI’s.
- Taking a proactive role in advising on problems and suggesting improvements.
- Supervision of a Finance team of 4 staff.
- Liaising with the company’s external accountants in respect of the year-end Audit.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- The chosen candidate will have proven experience as a management accountant, finance manager or similar role, ideally working within a multi-site business.
- Experience of working within an SME environment is essential.
- Experience of working within finance teams within the Social Care sector is desirable but not essential.
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to implement financial processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of managing a finance team is essential.
- ACA,ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Sage accountancy software is desirable