Retail Accounts Assistant
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Reconcile Barclays Inns Bank Account
- Reconcile Santander (Stables) Bank Account, post any ad hoc payments that do not go through Purchase Ledger (ie: net pay (wages), HMRC - PAYE/NI)
- Reconciling: Cash, Credit Cards, ATM’s, Collins on line booking payments, BACS
- Chase any cash banking’s declared on Zonal which are more than 2 days old to ensure it is banked.
- Deal with credit card chargebacks. Collect money through Datacash from people who walkout without paying/refunds.
- Supply retail auditors with any queries on pubs that they are attending that day.
- Deal with pub queries for Inns and Stable on a daily basis resolving any problems.
- Deal with any integration queries by either manually posting or talking the pub through the problem to resolve it
- Maintain petty cash float account for house floats
- Post Cardnet credit card commission charges
- Till Variance adjustments for monthly accounts.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Head Office Vouchers
- Customer refunds
- Attention to detail, accurate and methodical
- An ability to communicate and work effectively with non-finance staff
- Problem solving skills with the ability to investigate issues and make improvements
- Ability to manage your time and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience dealing with non-finance staff as the position deals directly with pub and hotel staff
- Willingness to help and proactive approach to work
- Banking reconciliations, incl cash, credit cards, online banking
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Full time role
- Based at the FST HQ in Chiswick