Purchase Ledger Clerk, Harrogate
A large and successful Harrogate based business are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk To manage and maintain the company Purchase Ledger in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Open new supplier accounts with correct paperwork and terms agreed, accurately and in a timely manner
- Match, batch and process a high volume of supplier invoices
- Chase for authorisation of invoices
- Review of aged creditor balances and aim to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- General maintenance of the Purchase Ledger system
- Liaising with suppliers and depot personnel in relation to all matters concerning Purchase Ledger
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Production of weekly payment runs
- Processing and verifying staff credit card expenditure, identifying the correct VAT and posting to the correct cost centre
- Help maintain Company accounts to be efficient and compliant with audit requirements
- Filing and general system housekeeping
- Raise purchase orders when required
A good general standard of education is essential, with good communication skills. Possession of or studying towards AAT qualification is advantageous. Competent with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.