Lewes, East Sussex
Permanent, Full Time
Salary £40,000-45,000 per annum (negotiable above)
Harvey John are keen to speak with experienced Accountants, from either an industry or public practice background, about this highly attractive new opportunity.
Our reputable and prominent client, who has a significant history in the local area, is presently looking for a commercially astute and experienced professional to lead their finance function. The role would suit a motivated self-starter who can manage their own workload effectively and who will drive business improvements and efficiencies. They will manage 2 individuals and have a close working relationship with the Managing Director as part of the senior management team.
This individual will join a highly established organisation and play a pivotal role in their ongoing business development. They will be given the opportunity to really add value and make business impact as part of a supportive and collaborative team. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, this is a notably attractive office setting and company that really values their employees.
Overview of Duties:
- Oversee the entirety of the company’s bookkeeping function with support from the finance team
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts with analysis and recommendations
- Creation of detailed income and expenditure budgets
- Prepare performance reports for internal and external stakeholders including assisting in the development of new MI reports
- Prepare payroll information for outsourced payroll bureau and oversee company pension scheme
- Monitor and control of debtors
- Driving cost control and cost saving activities
- Production of Year End information for external Accountants
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Effective management and development of finance staff
- Identify and implement improvements within the finance function
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Significant experience at the Finance Manager level incorporating the above listed duties
- Sound IT skills including a good intermediate level of Excel
- Experience of managing staff
- Excellent communication skills, high level of professionalism, and the ability to effectively present at Director level
- A pro-active and committed attitude towards their work
- Someone driven by success and looking to make their mark in a varied and exciting business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Own transport
This role will interview early September but applicants will be reviewed and shortlisted in advance.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.