Accountant in International Financial Company
Working as part of the Finance team with full responsibility for the UK branch Liquidity reporting and Company cost reporting, assist with the firm’s management, statutory and regulatory reporting in accordance with set deadlines and, related financial systems, processes and controls.
- Daily Liquidity and regulatory capital reporting and escalation of any issues / concerns to senior finance managers.
- Inter-company invoice and Branch accounts’ postings / reconciliations
- Updating, reconciling and monitoring various UK & branch cost tracker spreadsheets highlighting any queries.
- Commission rebate postings and accruals
- Maintain UK accruals.
- Taking ownership for reviewing current bank charges incurred and identifying any potential savings for the Company.
- Assist with preparing monthly UK branch financial accounts specifically cost MI including variance analysis, commentaries and KPI monitoring
- Reconciliation and maintenance of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Assist with preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly FSA001 & FSA002 returns.
- Assist with preparation of FRS102 annual statutory accounts including liaising with the auditors
- National Statistics returns
- Responsible for the upkeep of relevant procedures for areas of control
- Assist in the process improvement and efficiency drive across the team
- Assist with ad hoc and project work within finance and provide cover for team members as need arises
Skills and competencies:
- High attention to detail and organised approach to work
- Reliable and hardworking
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of team and in a multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in Sun or similar systems
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- Degree level education - essential
- AAT training - essential
- Part qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)- desirable
- Relevant experience of working within Financial Services
- Ensuring customers are treated fairly.
- To report any suspicions of market abuse (including any suspicion of insider dealing) to Compliance.
- Reporting of any suspicion of money laundering, terrorism financing or any criminal activity to the MLRO