Global Finance Accountant
A head office financial / management accountant role with a manufacturing company based in Slough.
Your new company
A manufacturing company
Your new role
In this role you will be expected to make a full contribution to the global finance function and control environment across the business. Through management of the holding company accounts, monitoring of all Internal Audit findings and coordinating other adhoc tasks, you will come in contact with the full global network giving you a unique opportunity to influence the culture and harmonise processes across the business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the two main holding companies to tight reporting deadlines and maintenance of ordered records
- Preparation and submission of all statutory accounts and tax returns together with management of external audits.
- Management of Company records with HMRC and Dutch authorities and maintenance of all records of company meetings
- Coordination with regional teams to ensure dividends are received and processed through the holding companies.
- Dealing with central Treasury team to ensure correct recording of loans outstanding.
- Monitoring all Internal Audit findings globally and ensuring that local teams have plans in place to address all actions well in advance of the agreed due dates
- Setting up and chairing meetings with local management teams who have recently been audited to ensure that the correct people are engaged and taking ownership.
- Publication of a monthly report to the board of recent IA events and current open actions by country
- Works collaboratively within a matrix finance function and exerts influence over decisions which effect the consolidated reporting of the business
What you'll need to succeed
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred chartered accounting qualification but for the right candidate a part qualification may be considered,
- Relevant professional experience including both management and statutory accounts preparation
- Ability to meet tight internal and external reporting deadlines while upholding high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Work closely with other areas of the business to develop a clear understanding of the implications their decisions have both in the short and long term
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to influence colleagues in order to drive results over the line and build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and present to executive level management
- Intermediate MS Excel skills required
What you'll get in return
Salary £48,000 + 15% Bonus
Pension matched to 6%
25 days holidays
Option to join the sharesave Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.