Senior Finance Manager - Capital Management
You will join the Legal entity capital management team, to manage capital management initiatives. The team works closely with the key partners within EMEA and Internationally including US, and requires solid working relationships across all ranks and functions to operate effectively.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Building and supporting the strategic management of legal entity capital across International, with specific focus on EMEA
- Lead Programme of new regulations in the international region, with specific emphasis on EMEA regulations
- This includes overall project management of CRR2/CRDV
- Building an appropriate governance CRR2/CRDV framework including chairing CRR2/CRDV working group
- Where required provide interpretation and rules based mentorship for new and existing regulations
- Prepare business requirement documents for each new regulatory change
- Review test results and handle the compliance process
- Communication and training of the new regulations
- Support the preparation of the materials for various Board or Board delegated committee, management meetings and senior management Supporting overall capital management initiatives as scoped within EMEA or from the US, this includes capital optimisation programmes, for example IMM and IRB
- Monitor and handle communication prudential regulation updates for in-scope BAC entities
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Good general project management skills (for example, ability to help partners meet deadlines)
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop effective presentations and reports in PowerPoint
- Ability to produce reports using Word and be comfortable performing calculations and aggregate data using Excel
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise & run multiple tasks
- The need to raise in a timely manner and ensure adequate resolution of issues
- A deep understanding and practical application of CRR rules and future regulatory changes (CRR2/CRDV,Basel) and oversight of supervisory governance approaches in EMEA preferred
- Knowledge of market risk, credit risk, operational risk
- Dedicated in every approach and the ability to work under stress in a dynamic environment
- Flexibility - can adapt to changing environments and priorities
- Adapting your behaviour to build relationships with a wide range of people at different levels
- You will need to be highly persuasive to get the information at the right time
- Monitoring progress against objectives/deliverables and responding to unforeseen events
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.