Management Accountant Barnet
Becoming a Management Accountant with Capita Local Government:
This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified individual looking to progress their career in management accounting and will suit an ACCA or CIMA part qualified Accountant. The successful individual will provide finance support for service lines within the Barnet contract ensuring accurate financial reporting and forecasting as well as strong financial controls. Supporting as well as challenging business directors and non-finance stakeholders will be a key part of the role.
What you will do:
- Lead the monthly forecast process for relevant service lines with inputs from the business including challenging performance and flagging risks/issues as needed.
- Close month end for relevant service lines ensuring Finance Controller and Finance Director kept informed of issues or deviations from forecast.
- End to end management of cash flow - client billing approval, invoicing and debt management.
- Liaising with Group Accounts Payable team to respond to and manage AP queries.
- Reconciliation of payroll and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Understand and explain variances in both month and forecast.
- Ensure clean balance sheet including maintaining documentation to support any balances in accruals, prepayments, deferred income and work in progress
- Support year-end processes and external audit queries.
- Promote strong financial control across the business.
- Ensure Group policies and procedures are followed.
Your experience will include:
- Numerate and proactive with a keenness to progress as a management accountant
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Good ability to work well and methodically in a demanding environment
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to make a contribution to the company and staff.
- Ready to take on more responsibilities as job develops.
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident and able to quickly establish solid working relationship with wide variety of stakeholders
- Down to earth, hands on pragmatic individual
- MS Word and PowerPoint
- SAP and Axiom experience
- Previous experience of contract accounting and revenue recognition principles
About Capita Local Government
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 70,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India. Within the Local Government division, Capita supplies a range of services for The London Borough of Barnet (LBB) and therefore has its own finance and management teams which are based in Barnet & Colindale. This finance team has responsibility for all working capital, P&L and financial reporting requirements for services provided to LBB.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.