Purchased Ledger Jo Huddersfield
Your new company
A manufacturing organisation based in Huddersfield, are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join them on a permanent basis. The company have experienced significant growth over the past few years and see this as a key position within the finance function.
Your new role
- Manage the day-to-day activity of the Accounts Payable function
- Receipt of invoices, verification, record of transaction and direct expense
- Processing of payments in a timely manner to ensure supplier continuity including sending out remittances to suppliers
- Reconciliation of accounts with suppliers statements
- Supplier and internal queries handling
- Enhancing Regions cashflow position by ensuring suppliers accounts are managed within the agreed credit limits
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in job assignments and procedures to meet up with operational needs
- Creation of main policies and procedures for account payable team
- Resolve all payments or billing issues with vendors
- Coordinate and set up processes, as well as research technical accounts payable issues
- Provide source accounting record for audit request or general ledger closes
- Stay current on accounts payable trends, and also focus on how industry trends will influence and support company's policy
What you'll need to succeed
You will have operated within a similar position previously and have a successful career within Accounts Payable. You must be able to demonstrate your technical abilities as well as an organised approach to your work and an ability to work well in a team with a positive attitude. Systems experience on SAP, Sage or Oracle is ideal.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company who will offer you a role with a pivotal position. They offer flexible hours with a half day on a Friday, subsidised canteen and generous pension and holiday package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.