Assistant Manager, International Group, Audit & Assurance
Our foreign owned portfolio of clients include some the largest and most successful of the businesses that Deloitte work with in the UK. They are complex, influential and exciting.
This work is for those who respond to the intellectual challenge of understanding a clients’ business and key controls. Work on controls based auditing allows you to develop relationships with the client far beyond the main finance team, making for a more interesting and rewarding experience.
Our clients genuinely value the insights we bring over their financial controls as it goes to the heart of how they run their business. As you progress, there will be opportunities for foreign travel and overseas secondments to key geographic global markets of the Americas, APAC and EMEA. Working in the International team will accelerate your opportunity to build your international network as well as a UK network within the firm.
As an Assistant Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Audit and Assurance planning and the delivery of the Audit and Assurance plan to the client;
- Day to day management of field teams, including reviewing work of staff members;
- Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information;
- Management of reporting requirements, including attendance at meetings;
- Leading teams on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work;
- Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
- Involvement in tendering for new clients.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Southampton with potential domestic and international travel.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK GAAP reporting standards;
- Experience in auditing International clients;
- The ability to present client data in a clear and concise format;
- Ability to develop effective client relationships;
- Project management experience;
- PCAOB audit regulation experience is desirable, but not essential
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation - for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 153925