Manager - Financial Crime (Crypto/Cyber)
2 days left
- Full time
The Unit is required to conduct supervision of all firms and co-ordinate, conduct and maintain the National Risk Assessment for the ADGM and get the ADGM ready for the FATF assessment in early 2019. The Unit will be the centre of excellence in all matters related to financial crime and conduct internal and external training and awareness sessions. Finally it will represent the ADGM and the FSRA at national and international meetings related to financial crime.
- Work closely with the Associate Director to develop sound financial crime prevention practices in relation to financial technology, in particular activities related to crypto-assets.
- Assist in ensuring uniformity and coherence of AML/CFT regulation and supervision across all departments of ADGM
- Support in ensuring compliance with international best practice in relation to AML/CFT and financial crime prevention
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient stakeholder management both nationally and internationally
- Assist in developing the Unit's policies and procedures on AML/CFT and Sanctions supervision, to ensure they are up to date and according to the international standards.
- Lead/participate actively in the day to day AML/CFT supervision activities in relation to crypto-assets.
- Organise and conduct risk assessments with respect to AML/CFT and financial crime prevention, in cooperation with the supervision teams.
- Assist - where needed - registration, authorisation and supervision teams in the identification and escalation of suspicious financial crime activities.
- Monitor national and international policy developments in the area of AML/CFT and international tax cooperation, in particular in relation to financial/regulatory technology including crypto-assets, and propose course of action for ADGM in accordance with these developments.
- Help in raising awareness of financial crime issues across ADGM authorities and functions, especially in areas related to financial technology.
- Provide specialist technical advice on issues relating to financial crime, in particular AML/CFT risks associated with crypto-assets.
- Support the team in planning and implementing solution of FATCA and CRS reporting by ADGM firms and provide appropriate feedback to develop the solution
- Handle requests for information and documentation received from the federal and international authorities such as UAE FID.
- Deliver additional tasks/projects that may be delegated from the Associate Director.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial crime related matters.
- Experience in the regulation and supervision of financial crime for financial institutions/DNFBPs.
- Good Knowledge of financial services, commercial or corporate laws and regulations.
- Good Knowledge in conducting risk assessments
- Strong understanding of recent technological developments and trends, and their impact on financial crime compliance.
- Experience in dealing with financial technology, regulatory technology, and financial crime risks associated with crypto-assets.
- In depth experience in areas related to cyber security and risks.
- Internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Advanced communications skills both in writing and orally.
- Fluent in business English.
- Experience in dealing with international regulatory bodies.
- Professional experience in the regional matters related to financial crime.
- Good understanding of the local regulatory landscape
- Track record of leadership for a multicultural team.
- Fluent in legal English