Business Risk Services - Executive
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
Helping clients of all shapes and sizes, in business risk service we support businesses by providing the necessary advice to help them manage and improve their business performance. You'll provide organisations of many different sizes with the advice and solutions they need to navigate complex risks and challenges. You'll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
• attends external events to create networks and potential new opportunities
• involved in office marketing events, is an 'ambassador' of the firm demonstrating knowledge of its products and services
• develops contacts within other service lines in the firm
• responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with all clients
• assists manager in developing audit committee papers
• develops informal networks to keep abreast of emerging issues
• is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well being
• assists in employee development, motivating and coaching trainees by giving regular feedback and promptly competing assignment appraisals
• inputs to all assignment appraisals for junior team members, and also completes self job appraisal and six-monthly forms on a timely basis
• attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for CPD purposes
• adheres to firm's risk management policies
Operations and results
• Prepares draft terms of reference/audit planning document prior to meeting the client ensuring any revisions are processed
• agrees first draft of assignment budget for review with manager/ partner and/or client
• creates new and reviews existing work programmes to align delivery to terms of reference
• overseas and performs fieldwork as applicable to review
• documents field work in line with the firms methodologies
• discusses issues as they arise with the internal team and with client management
• ensures all review points in working papers are addressed/processed where directed
• produces close out documentation and leads the close-out meetings with the client
• sets expectations for production of draft report to team. Also ensure draft report is of high standard prior to submission to a manager
• ensures all manager review points and client comments are addressed into final deliverables
• ensures file is completed in line with the firms methodology prior to submission to a manager
• reviews evidence and makes appropriate adjustments to action tracker or equivalent
• monitors time incurred and undertakes analysis as the project progresses to assist the manager as appropriate
• takes responsibility for personal efficiency
Who we're looking for:
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
•Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
•We create sustainable value for our clients
•We are better together
•Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
•We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.