Infrastructure Investments Associate
The role will bring research and analytical coverage across private markets, with a particular expertise in Infrastructure and/or Real Assets investing. Other areas covered by the team include Real Estate, Private Debt and Private Equity and while the successful candidate will have a strong focus on infrastructure/real assets, they may also be involved in other activities of the team.
They have a team of 60 including researchers, analysts and support staff, covering asset classes including listed equities, fixed income, hedge funds and private markets (private equity, real estate, infrastructure - both equity and debt). They now advise over 400 of the world's largest and most sophisticated institutional investors and corporations from over 30 countries world-wide.
The primary focus of the incoming consultant's work will be to assist clients through the manager ‘search and selection process'. As part of this work, the consultant will be required to help clients in their:
- Investment objectives
- Asset allocation structures
- Investment manager structures and guidelines
- Investment manager selection and evaluation
- Assessment of co-investment opportunities
- Performance monitoring
The results of the consultant's analyses will be a set of specific options and recommendations for the client, designed to achieve the long-term investment objectives. You will not need to have performed these tasks in your current role as they are keen to teach these skills.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing analytical processes as they relate to searches and other advisory work on private markets.
- Researching and evaluating potential investments into funds, separate accounts, club deals and potentially direct investments.
- Developing diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with the risk tolerance and income needs of the client.
- Advising clients on customized investment solutions in private markets.
- Contributing to the Private Markets team's efforts in business development and client acquisition, in collaboration with Relationship Managers.
The level of autonomy and project leadership given to the candidate will depend on his/her level of seniority and number of years of experience in the industry.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant industry experience in private markets ideally gained in either an advisory capacity (such as another investment consultancy, debt advisor, property developer, or an accountancy firm), or directly within an investment role.
- Ideally a strong technical understanding of a specific asset class (a more general private markets knowledge is desirable but not essential, such as infrastructure).
- Intellectually curious in terms of private markets and how they can impact a client's portfolio
- True team player who can adapt and excel in a fast paced working environment
- Numerate, with good analysis skills
- Knowledge of second language is preferred but not essential
- Ambition to contribute to a market leading team
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a robust environment, presenting their own opinions and:
- Listening to others
- Gravitas and presence
- Energy and enthusiasm