Portfolio Finance Manager
"Flinder is reinventing the finance support business…brilliantly…" (Customer survey response, April 2018).
We are disrupting the role of accountants servicing SMEs, particularly in the mission critical discipline of making rapid, well informed business decisions using financial & operational real-time management intelligence.
Our firm was set up in February 2017 when the two founders identified a gap in the market servicing SMEs, specifically in the areas of data, technology, innovation and service quality. Combining our experience and aspirations we created Flinder with a bold ambition: To invent a new type of niche accounting firm targeting complex, growth-aspiring SMEs.
Based in the heart of Shoreditch at White Collar Factory overlooking the iconic Silicon Roundabout, flinder is perfectly situated to support fast-growth businesses with their new approach, which makes real-time business-wide management intelligence and process automation the driving force behind improving clients' business performance.
As a Portfolio Finance Manager, you will be responsible for delivering our services to a portfolio of diverse clients predominantly in the London and South East region. With technical accounting experience you will be close to the detail and instrumental to ensuring all client deliverables are accurate and timely, including annual financial statements and technical accounting questions. You will be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. Just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a new and growing business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will have responsibility for:
- completing period end close procedures on behalf of clients (or supporting Flinder team members in the process)
- oversight and support of Flinder bookkeepers
- reviewing close activities e.g. reconciliations, vat returns, prepayments/accruals & journals
- using and reporting from cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live)
- preparing and/or reviewing the monthly/quarterly accounts
- preparation of annual statutory accounts
- preparation of consolidated information where required
- investigating and responding to technical accounting queries
- point of contact for client for any finance related matters
- performing ad-hoc requests for clients
- ad-hoc work which might include developing or tracking budgets to actuals
- technical support to Flinder business advisors in delivery of their portfolios
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
To be considered for the role you must have:
- an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- at least 1 year of relevant post qualification experience in a small to mid sized practice
- extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes
- specific experience with the companies act requirements and UK gaap
- an enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs
- experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- strong project management and multitasking skills
- strong computer skills, with particular experience in excel
- experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live)
- excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- the ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes
- an approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none
- drive and desire for progression within Flinder, we want you to be our business advisor of the future
- travel to client sites may be required (typically in and around London)
- your skills and experience will determine the entry level, and progression within Flinder will be dependent on performance
- thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment, have a clear understanding of the Flinder values and demonstrating these in everything you do is an absolute must
- an interest in skiing or snowboarding would be helpful for our annual ski trip